Pages

aiming for a quiet life...

here is where i collect my thoughts and count my blessings.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

something to ponder

Delight in God has a transforming power and lifts a man above the gross desire of our fallen nature.
~Charles H. Spurgeon


Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; Trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Psalm 37:4-6

Delight.  Commit.  Trust.

Each day I pray that we will  learn more about how to delight ourselves in the Lord.  I commit myself and our marriage anew to Him each morning.  I trust in Him and Him alone to be Lord of my life and of our home.

We have learned to live without owning much in the past five years.  Even more so these past few months here in Belize.  We have minimal furniture; 6 chairs, a table and a futon to sleep on ...all borrowed. We only have the clothes that were in our suitcases. Our boxes are on their way here from Russia but we have no idea how long it will take for them to arrive.   We are still waiting for payments to come through from the sale of our apartment.

All we have is God and each other. 

That is enough. 

Don't get me wrong... we both would love to have a real bed.  Waking up each morning with pain wracked bodies from a flimsy futon mattress is not something we take delight in.  We would love to have a car so that we could explore more of this beautiful new land that God has called us to. But all of those things will come in time.

We have committed ourselves to serving Him.  We trust in Him.  He truly is our source of delight. 





So Followed Saturday

6 comments:

  1. Hi There! I'm here from the Follow Saturday. I'm your newest follower. Drop over to my blog and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. God must really be trying to show me something here. I kid you not, this is the THIRD time this verse has come up today!! We were out shopping and a popcorn stand had the verse posted, I heard someone say it, and now you have it here. God is doing something. :)

    Thank you for posting this.

    Sweet Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by ladies!

    And Jenifer- how exciting! I wonder what He is trying to tell you?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alida!!! You have one of the most beautiful blogs I have come across in all the blog hopping that I do.

    Thank you so much for visiting and following my blog . . . I look forward to getting to know you better. You may enjoy another one of my blogs . . . http://peacelovehappinesshappens.blogspot.com

    If you ever have specific gardening questions, just ask. I have been gardening in the heat and humidity since I was a little girl.

    ahhhh Belize . . . very nice! Best wishes in your new journey :)

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blog. Love your photo header and scripture.

    ReplyDelete