Pages

aiming for a quiet life...

here is where i collect my thoughts and count my blessings.

Monday, May 31, 2010

simple treasures are the best

holy experience



86. little reminders like this one that we all need to remember to make do with what we have... no man hole cover? Then put something in the hole so that others will be alerted!


87. seeing my favorite color rose in the garden at church













88. Esther-fest Sundays with Steph & Carre!!  As our time here in Russia winds down a few of us are using these last few weeks together to do Beth Moore's  It's Tough Being a Woman study on the book of Esther.













89. learning to let go and trust in the sovereignty of God.
90. notes from friends telling me how my time here in Russia has made a difference in the lives of those around me.
91. fresh strawberries
92. watching little ones playing with their pet lizards
93. finding glimpses of the Spirit in a work of fiction.
94. worship music in Russian
95. my quiet time corner in our bedroom





4 comments:

  1. What a sweet list, of course I love fresh strawberries too. I just finished a study on Esther that was great, how are you liking Beth Moore's? I loved her Believing God one.
    Thanks for sharing this list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over to see you from Living In Amazing Grace. Thanks for the comment. I love your list too. I will be following your blog. Love the verse! Fibromyalgia has a way of testing us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quiet time corner, I have one just like it with green.

    Delightful to meet you and share in your thankfulness today. Simply beautiful, simply today.

    Hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you.

    New to the gratitude community,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for stopping by and leaving me a bit of encouragement!

    JoAnn- we are enjoying Beth Moore's study a great deal... this is my first one of hers.

    Patty- that verse has been special to me for quite some time now!

    Sara- The gift of today is indeed beautiful!

    ReplyDelete